Anime Forum (Showing 1 - 7 of 7 comments)

• civilzen
    posted by civilzen

Live Action Bebop Anyone?

Fox Entertainment to film Cowboy Bebop.
    Peter Craig is said to be writing the script.

Will Keanu Reeves make me hate Spike Speagal? only time will tell. But, with the original writing and production team of Shinichiro Watanabe, Kenji Uchida, Keiko Nobumoto, and Masahiko Minami as producers and consultants, not all appears to be lost.

And I have to Say, Fay is looking as watchable as ever!
    posted 5 years ago
  • PrincessxSparkle

Whats with holywood and anime these days.
    I mean its a good idea (just like the akira and eva movies)
    But i know its going to turn out shit.
    posted 5 years ago
  • civilzen
    posted by civilzen

Yeah, Being attached to the voice actors, I'm not expecting to be wowed.

Hollywood goes after the gravy.
    And the average anime demographic has the disposable income that goes well with potatoes.

I just hope they realize the demographic that watched Cowboy, isn't 15 anymore.
    posted 5 years ago
  • AgentRfromNC
    posted by AgentRfromNC

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/fox-developing-cowboy-bebop-live-action-feature-film/
    posted 3 years ago
  • AgentRfromNC
    posted by AgentRfromNC

I guess Reeves would do for Spike. Who would be great for Faye? I found a cool picture of a fan made poster for live action Cowboy Bebop i would like to post here. I put it in my favorite pictures in my profile. Has Sandra Bullock for Faye and Alyson Hanigan for Edward, with Hugh Jackman as Jet. Don't know the actor that they have on the poster as Spike.
    posted 3 years ago
  • marielhamer
    posted by marielhamer

Wow, I honestly thought I was the only one who remembers this show. I must have seen the whole the whole series at least a dozen times.

I think that this show should definitely not be made into live action film. Seriously, how could anyone ever capture Spike Spiegel's personality other than himself? Also, this movie would probably have a small budget considering the smaller American fan base of the show. So the amazing graphics needed to portray the future would be amateur. That is why this movie needs to stay in cartoon. I like appreciating the artwork.
    posted 3 years ago
  • marielhamer
    posted by marielhamer

Woah! I want Adrian Grenier playing Spike! Keanu Reeves is a little too old.
    posted 3 years ago
  • civilzen
    posted by civilzen

Reeves is slated to star. Joshua Long is acting as a production supervisor, and Erwin Stoff, a film producer who worked closely with Reeves on The Matrix and A Scanner Darkly, is also attached. The associate producers are Sunrise President Kenji Uchida, the original Cowboy Bebop director Shinichiro Watanabe, and the original series script supervisor Keiko Nobumoto. The Sunrise studio itself and Masahiko Minami (former Sunrise producer and BONES studio co-founder) are both acting as production consultants.

This should be a good lookin film if, it ever gets off the ground. Had a link with Reeves explaining that the entire script was being rewritten.

So, for now Playstation owners will have to make due with the video game.
    posted 3 years ago