Flixster Help Discussion Forum (Showing 1 - 25 of 182 comments)

• brad
    posted by brad

Flixster Wiki Project: Flixster Experts Forum

Welcome to the Flixster Wiki Experts forum. This area is for discussion about the Flixster Experts program including Flixster Actor Experts.

We ask that, within reason, other conversations continue elsewhere and this area focus primarily on issues and ideas around Experts.

As always, please treat your fellow Experts with the same respect you'd expect, etc., etc. And feel free to contact me directly with any concerns.

brad
    posted 5 years ago
  • brad
    posted by brad

hey guys, here are some answers How many topics can someone be an expert on at once? you can have up to 5 actors What is the fastest way of becoming an expert on a specific actor? we've consolidated our expert process, so you can email experts@flixster-inc.com or message me directly. Is there a place that lists what actors (alphabetically maybe) that do not yet have an expert? good question - we need that. right now, we don't, but we can shoot you a list of top 100 actors that are still free if you email us. we need to pull that list. Is there any plans to make available the option of becoming an expert on movies/genres as well? we don't have a structured means for that yet. however, we do have a wiki area for projects like that. you can go to this page and create a page and start a new project on anything movie-related. we're working on getting some templates created to make that easier, but it's all set up for you now. i hope that helps. brad
    posted 5 years ago
  • brad
    posted by brad

@electroboy re: the lounge, we have some folks working on some templates that will hopefully make creating new wiki pages easier and other tips and tricks for making actor pages better. we're working on that. i was thinking that this forum would be a good place for discussion, and then the wiki area would be good to post stuff we can't easily put up here. as an Expert, you already have permissions to add to the lounge, so feel free to use it as a place to post anything that might help with Experts. brad
    posted 5 years ago
  • brad
    posted by brad

my apologies for the times you didn't hear back from someone. i'm going to do my best to field questions while we hire someone to focus on helping the community full-time. thanks for your patience!

brad
    posted 5 years ago
  • RobGordon
    posted by RobGordon

Hey Gang,

This is Rob Gordon, I was brought in to aid with the flixster expert program. If you got any questions just fire away.
    posted 5 years ago
  • sportfan
    posted by sportfan

The Experts thing seems great so far I dont have any questions or complaints about it yet.
    posted 5 years ago
  • JaredsBaby
    posted by JaredsBaby

I RECENTLY PUT IN A REQUEST TO BE A EXPERT ON A COUPLE OF CELEBRITIES BUT HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING......I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT ELSE I COULD DO TO SPEED UP THE PROCESS........THANX IN ADVANCE.

JOSHUASBABY.............TIMEEN
    posted 5 years ago
  • brad
    posted by brad

Hi all,

Some responses:

@ElectroBoy: Re: locking/unlocking. I hear you. We have two reasons for allowing Experts to be able to work on others' pages. One is a technical limitation (which is never a good reason). The other is the hope that Experts will become valuable to each other and able to pitch in positively with others' pages. From a policy perspective, as Experts, those actors are yours, so your decision on what stays and goes trumps any other Experts if they make changes you don't like.

(We enforce that manually, so let Rob or me know if you have any trouble whatsoever with that. So far, we've only had a couple issues.) We also want to see how it goes - if you guys feel like it really would help - we'll work to make it so.

@sportboy: fantastic.

@JoshuasBaby: I got your request - thanks. I sent it along to Rob, and he should be getting back to you pronto, if he hasn't already. (And I remember my first time being told caps lock = yelling - it's a rite of passage :) )

brad
    posted 5 years ago
  • brad
    posted by brad

Also, we have a ton of help documents coming that we've been working on for awhile. They should help with everything from basics on how the tool works to more advanced stuff that our wiki developers have noticed over the years. I'll let you know where it is once we have it up.

brad
    posted 5 years ago
  • JaredsBaby
    posted by JaredsBaby

Sorry about the "cap lock" I guess force of habit.....my question today is as an expert how do you lock/unlock your actors page?

thanx in advance and sorry again about the "cap Lock"
    posted 5 years ago
  • brad
    posted by brad

Hi JoshuasBaby,

To lock and unlock wiki areas, just go to the bottom of the page/box and find the "content tools" link. click it, and you'll see some options. "lock" will be one of them. just click that, enter a note (if you want to explain why you're locking it - optional), and it'll lock so that only you and other Experts can edit that area/page.

brad
    posted 5 years ago
  • brad
    posted by brad

Hey guys,

We are rolling out a new and VERY improved help section to help you and people you recruit to your actor pages:

http://www.flixster.com/wiki/flixster-wiki-help-faqs

let me know if you have any feedback on this area.

brad
    posted 5 years ago
  • superstarnana
    posted by superstarnana

i recently requested to become an expert on a few actors and haven't heard anything yet.......thanx in advance my flixster ID is

http://www.flixster.com/user/superstarnana thanx again
    posted 5 years ago
  • sportfan
    posted by sportfan

Well I havent used it yet I have had a look at it and it looks quite good saw I will use it soon
    posted 5 years ago
  • JaredsBaby
    posted by JaredsBaby

Was wondering if anyone else was having trouble with the easy/edit button on the expert pages.....when I click it......it just keeps saying loading, do you think it's just my computer or something else.......thanx in advance....Joshuasbaby.
    posted 5 years ago
  • sportfan
    posted by sportfan

Easy Edit works for me.You have to wait for a bit longer because it load for a while about a minute or so.
    posted 5 years ago
  • sportfan
    posted by sportfan

Last time I tried it was working with the actors I am a expert on.
    posted 5 years ago
  • RobGordon
    posted by RobGordon

Hey gang -

The Wiki's have had a bug of late as I am sure you are aware of that. I think some headway was made about 5 days ago so you should be seeing it behave properly now. Flixster is aggressively dealing with this.

Rob
    posted 5 years ago
  • skyb2guy
    posted by skyb2guy

Hello guys,
    l am a deaf boy here. We need to free chat deaf on flixster.
    posted 5 years ago
  • sportfan
    posted by sportfan

Okay thanks Rob it was working for me but it was very slow it is alot faster now.
    posted 5 years ago
  • sportfan
    posted by sportfan

Its working fine for me it doesn't seem anything wrong with it now.
    posted 5 years ago
  • AgentLexi2132
    posted by AgentLexi2132

Glad it was sorted.
    posted 5 years ago
  • sportfan
    posted by sportfan

I now lots are having trouble with it still but its okay with me.
    posted 5 years ago
  • RobGordon
    posted by RobGordon

Sorry for being MIA around these parts. The contest (and more) has diverted my attention.

Am on this bug now....
    posted 5 years ago
  • RobGordon
    posted by RobGordon

has anyone else experienced this other then sportboy?
    posted 5 years ago
  • lgrds
    posted by lgrds

I have just received expert status. I went to my page to start to make some changes and when I click on easy edit, the circle icon keeps spinning and the easy edit doesn't load.
    posted 5 years ago