Your Reviews (Showing 1 - 25 of 60 comments)

• Bizkithead
    posted by Bizkithead

Heath ledger performance as joker

Does anyone feel that heath's performance as the joker is being over hyped?i do think he was great as the joker,but also i do think that because of the saying,"only famous when your dead" is playing a part in peoples reviews.
    posted 5 years ago
  • ionic66
    posted by ionic66

Yes and no. The hype began well before his death, and his performance was quite good. However, it is clear that cinema beginner fanboys are responsible for the overhype that does now exist.
    posted 5 years ago
  • thewalrus666
    posted by thewalrus666

It really was inevitable that he was gonna be overrated considering that his credited posthumously, no critic'd dare saying anything against his performance now they'd everyone would murder them for it.
    posted 5 years ago
  • SomeonestoleShell

I would have to say that his performance was awesome.

But I am also not afraid to say that I thought he was overrated as an actor in general and in a few interviews I heard.........quite a twat.
    posted 5 years ago
  • kennybelievesinyou

Heath if anything through his interviews was shy.

And he is was underrated until he did Brokeback Mountain. His films are amazing, he caught on because of A Knights Tale, but that film doesnt show his true talent. Then he hada few flops at the box office, simply because his films arent meant for everyone.
    posted 5 years ago
  • chinchu
    posted by chinchu

Ledger's performance was excellent... Worthy of an Oscar??? Probably not... If he hadn't died, they wouldn't even consider in saying "Oscar "... It's just the way it is...
    posted 5 years ago
  • dudisnow
    posted by dudisnow

Let's just say this, Ledger's performance was the best I've in years...
    posted 5 years ago
  • kennybelievesinyou

I agree. It has one of the best performances in long time.
    posted 5 years ago
  • chinchu
    posted by chinchu

I bet you wouldn't feel this way if he was alive...

You will all say you would, but that's my opinion...
    posted 5 years ago
  • thewalrus666
    posted by thewalrus666

Matseb what I get from your post is that Heath Ledger, Jonny Depp & whoever-played-King-Leonidas (what happens when you couldn't be bothered using wiki in another tab) are all overrated, Johnny Depp is most definitely not because he jsut does Jack Sparrow too well noone else could have pulled off Jack Sparrow as well as he did, Heath Ledger's been overrated but as this thread's talking about that's mostly because of his death. while King Leonidas you might be right but it seems a little irrelevant

all in all this thread seems to be rather redundant since we all seem to have come to the conclusion that his performance has been a little overrated by his death
    posted 5 years ago
  • kennybelievesinyou

Heath Ledgers performance was not overrated one bit. He delivered, it was amazing, Academy Award amazing.

His performance was there, you cant take that away from him.He would have gotten the same reaction if he were alive today.
    posted 5 years ago
  • dudisnow
    posted by dudisnow

Exactly. The only difference now, it would have made Ledger a huge star for the film and he would be getting into other great films.
    posted 5 years ago
  • chinchu
    posted by chinchu

I disagree...

:P
    posted 5 years ago
  • SomeonestoleShell

Heath had Charisma.

What I was saying before,was that in Aussie interviews I have heard...he is a twat. I don't know which ones others have seen though.

There are also secret recordings in OZ of him at a radio station,before going on air and he is a total prick. Very up himself.
    posted 5 years ago
  • atsophie
    posted by atsophie

Hes always been one of my favourite actors.
    He owned the movie, I dont think it would have been good at all without him. I felt the same with the first there was something missing and there would be in the second if he wasnt in it.

I think it was a tad bit over hyped, but basically he got all he deserved. In the end the hype was made up of his amazing preformance along with the fact that hes dead and so came the respect for the past. I think hes been in good films but not many that stood out. So people are paying the respects now hes dead.

AND his preformance was outstanding!!!! The movie was empty and you didnt care. The whole time I was like wheres the Joker.

I also think hes been underrated in the past. Candy!!! Come on I thought he was brilliant in that. And sure Brokeback.

But every role hes played though they arent in very good movies, he sells and owns it.
    posted 5 years ago
  • kennybelievesinyou

I agree. Candy was an underrated film. It was movie and powerful, sad, but not glorified.
    posted 5 years ago
  • atsophie
    posted by atsophie

And will keep me off drugs for life.
    Im thankful
    posted 5 years ago
  • thewalrus666
    posted by thewalrus666

that's a little bit of a narrow view

I haven't taken an illegal drug in my life but something that simplistic needs some kind of explanation.

also I haven't seen Candy but I really didn't like Knight's Tale or Brokeback mountain nor did I really like Heath Ledger in them. Patriot his okay but Mel Gibson's better
    posted 5 years ago
  • kennybelievesinyou

Walrus, Candy shows enough hurt and destruction, and after you watch it, you may understand why drugs are so bad. I mean you can see it before you watch the film, but the film really opens your eyes.

Theses are the films of Heath Ledgers that I have seen

The Dark Knight
    I'm Not there
    Candy
    The Order
    Lords of Dogtown
    A Knights Tale
    posted 5 years ago
  • thewalrus666
    posted by thewalrus666

I'll respond to that one (if it's still relevant to the thread) after I've watched Candy because that seems to be a major outside motivator to the conversation at the moment and i haven't seen it, arguing over something one knows nothing about is usually a bad idea
    posted 5 years ago
  • kennybelievesinyou

Good statement, Walrus.
    posted 5 years ago
  • thewalrus666
    posted by thewalrus666

seeing it on Sunday looking forward to it considering how much it's been raved
    posted 5 years ago
  • os99
    posted by os99

Heath was mesmerizing, but I'm not sure that it's worthy of an oscar, I'm just surprised that Gary oldman was overlooked, I think it was the best performance in the film

Oh and by the way, johnny depp's performance as jack sparrow was self indulgent trite, if I wanted a performance as bad as his, I would have visited my local amdram

Also, Heath has been in some bad films, the sin eater for instance.
    posted 5 years ago
  • thewalrus666
    posted by thewalrus666

I really like Jonny Depp as Jack Sparrow because it's a difficult part to play a mad but charming pirate and his eccentricity made it convincing and his skill made Jack Sparrow charming, I couldn't help but laugh whenever he went through a plan and his use of body language in the film (leaning one way than another, moving his hands excessively) was brilliant
    posted 5 years ago
  • os99
    posted by os99

Yeah, some idiots at the academy even nominated him
    posted 5 years ago
  • thewalrus666
    posted by thewalrus666

honestly as much as i liked Jack Sparrow he probably wasn't Oscar material. Still I standby my assertion he was brilliant
    posted 5 years ago