Scary Forum (Showing 1 - 25 of 88 comments)

• CarbonDating
    posted by CarbonDating

Real-life horror stories

Yeah, not just horror movies but I'm talking about real-life ghost encounters. Share your experiences here! Well, movies are scary already but wouldn't it be nice if we're to hear true stories from folks here?

I'm not sure if this forum is for scarry movies only or if there had been a thread already like this but I just wanted to talk about our encounters with the supernatural. I know almost everyone has! Share.
    posted 6 years ago
  • CarbonDating
    posted by CarbonDating

even real life stories from your friends or family?
    i'm sure you have. ^__^
    posted 6 years ago
  • acdcfan337
    posted by acdcfan337

I've got a few but I gotta think about them first. I'll post them later.
    posted 6 years ago
  • itachiXmistress24

my sisters were driving down this back road once, and they saw this thing that looked like a coyote. but the thing, was huge. it could look into the car's windows without having to jump up. oh, it also was keeping up with the car which was going like 25-30 mph.
    posted 6 years ago
  • SomeonestoleShell

I have some sort of presence in my house.I thought that I was nuts,but then my dog was acting weird at something and now a 3 year old girl in my family talks about "the Man".He doesn't cause any trouble and I have never felt threatened,so I pretty much ignore it.He really only appears in one part of the house and always as a shadow walking past a particular door.I think he used to live here,as when we moved in there were support bars in the hallway for the elderly.
    posted 6 years ago
  • turry
    posted by turry

I live in a small area of Newfoundland, Canada that is pretty much founded on myth and ledgend. When I was about 13 I moved out in this old house on a hill. I was exploring the attic one day, curiosity is my downfall, and found an old box filled with crosses and holy water. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. When I showed it to my mother, she told me that is was kept there to ward off the spirits of this family that lived on the beach next to us. They died of what I do believe she said was a plauge. They were locked inside their house and when everybody suspected them dead, the house was set afire. Except when the fire reached the upstairs you could hear screaming, some of them were alive. The spirits of the ones who were burned are supposed to still haunt the harbor and all the original houses that surround it. My house was one of those.

There were many strange things going on in that house for years to come. I'm an avid believer in the supernatural, call me naive if you like, and have been quite a few scary situations. I could tell you a story about fairies that could make your spine tingle, they're not all good.
    posted 6 years ago
  • EmoCareBear250

k this isnt mine but from my mum and nan..
    my nan and grandad were in their flat and all of a sudden they started to hear noises, they looked round but couldnt find anyone or anything. Then they said when they went into the kitchen they saw the kitchen tap slowly turning on. My nan screamed (obviously) and that night they went to my mum and left. The next day when they went to pick up their things, they refused to stay in the flat, they found out that it had caught fire and the whole block of flats was on fire..
    posted 6 years ago
  • CarbonDating
    posted by CarbonDating

turry: wow that's scary! but yeah i agree with you. i also believe in ghosts...that's why i made this thread...as a tribute for them. lol!
    posted 6 years ago
  • CarbonDating
    posted by CarbonDating

i heard of a story about a hospital near us. it's about a doctor and a lady patient in the elevator. now the thing is, every patient admitted to the hosptal sould wear a red tag on their wrist with their names. if they die, they will wear a yelow tag in the morgue.
    the elevator with the doctor and lady patient was in was going up. in one floor, it oppened and a boy who looks like a patient admitted was outside.

boy: going up?
    doctor: nope boy. this is going down.

so the boy just said nothing and the elevator closed. the lady beside the doctor asked:
    Lady: why did you tell the boy that we're going down when we're really going up?
    doctor: because i don't want him to ride the elevator with us.
    lady: why? what's with the boy?
    lady: you see, that boy was wearing a yellow tag on his wrist. that means he has just been admitted...to the morgue.

O_O
    posted 6 years ago
  • SomeonestoleShell

That has to be one of the most outstanding supernatural real life stories I have heard.
    posted 6 years ago
  • CarbonDating
    posted by CarbonDating

thanks! ^__^
    that is actually one of my faves and i have more that are great also...that's why i made a thread like this.

anyway, there's an alternative ending to that...i dunno which one is true.

boy: going up?
    doctor: nope going down..sorry.
    lady patient: why did you say it's going up when it's realy going down?
    doctor: because he's already wearing the yellow tag on his wrist. that means he's died already.
    lady patient: oh really? a yellow tag? like this one i'm wearing?
    *shows her wrist with yellow tag*

O_O
    posted 6 years ago
  • CarbonDating
    posted by CarbonDating

lol matt is scared! i used to love ghost stories and many of my friends have experienced them already. even on sleepovers, they have some expereinces. what do you think of the story i posted?
    posted 6 years ago
  • itachiXmistress24

creepy, very creepy. i don't really believe too much in ghosts, though i do think something does haunt places, what i get freaked out by are creatures. like chupacabra for instance O.O
    posted 6 years ago
  • Thorninu
    posted by Thorninu

COPIED

Nova Scotia - Caledonia Mills - The Mary Ellen Spook House - In the early 1900's, a family who lived outside of Antigonish Nova Scotia adopted a young woman named Mary Ellen. Once this child was taken home, strange things began to happen. Fires began to light themselves around the farms with no apparent cause. The local authorities were called and after some intense investigation, it was assumed that the newest member of the family was setting these fires. However, in many cases, Mary Ellen was not present on the farm when the fires were set. In addition to the fires, a strange dog began to be seen around the house. Not only outside, but also once the grandmother of the family woke up and this large, hulking dog was sitting at her beside. The grandmother got a terrible fright and cursed the dog in the name of the Lord. Details get fuzzy on this point, but it was 'felt' that the dog was the devil, or another demonic spirit. After this incident, other strange things began to happen. The usual 'disembodied footsteps', doors opening and shutting by themselves voices, and of course the fires. After the police were at a loss for an explanation, the local Priest was called. He came and conducted an extensive investigation with a famous parapsychologist. These investigations were done with the whole family, and a 'ghost writer' was used. A man or woman who permitted the ghost to contact the family by the use of pen and pencil. The message that the ghost left was very dark and nasty. Eventually, the family moved out and the house burned to the ground. There have been several documented cases of people who have traveled to the Spook House who have taken a shingle or a piece of wood back from the farm. Reportedly, fires broke out in the homes of those who stole the wood, and persisted until the artifact was either returned or ceremoniously buried.

Taken from:
    Shadowlands: Haunted Canada
    posted 6 years ago
  • jubei4000
    posted by jubei4000

My mom's apartment is haunted. I'm convinced it is. Once, when she was alone, she put a glass on one side of the sink. Someone knocked on the door. She answered it and went back to the sink and the glass was on the other side of the sink and the water was shakin like someone had just moved it. When I lived there, I came home one night to find a face imprint on the outside of the den window(the apartment is six floors up), and I saw a dark figure standing in my doorway then exit my room one night too. And I know it wasnt an overactive imagination or something like that cause I was grown and in college when it happened. I have a few other stories that are way scarier than this too. might post them later....
    posted 6 years ago
  • CarbonDating
    posted by CarbonDating

^okay. just post them here when you can. ^_^

yay! copied stories are alright, but they have to be real-life of not from fictional books and movies.
    posted 6 years ago
  • jubei4000
    posted by jubei4000

A friend of mine lived in this house where a woman was murdered. There is this huge dried blood stain on the bedroom floor that will not go away. He even placed a rug on the floor and the stain went through it. We were playing poker this friend's house(during the day) and there was all kinds of noise coming from the bed room. We didnt get up, but you could see the door to the room down the hall,and there was obvious commotion coming from the room. For nearly 10 minutes we tolerated the noise and disruption until my cousin told our friend to make his younger brother cool out. Our friend proceeded to tell us that his brother wasn't home,and it is in our best interests to ignore it. Not two seconds later, a large toy flew from the room and hit the wall in the hallway, and a large black figure exited the room. At first it looked like a shadow, but it was in the CENTER of the hall. My cousin flipped the table and ran out the door, I was close behind. Sounds nuts don't it? But let me assure you, It happened. Oh, and the other story I posted wasn't made from a novel or magazine. That was actually a couple of many events that occured during my stay at my mom's home.
    posted 6 years ago
  • Thorninu
    posted by Thorninu

She moved out of the province to Ontario I believe...but I'm not quite sure about that one. I'm sure if you looked up "Mary Ellen Spook farm" you'll learn more. & the dog...I think they thought that was a demon...*Shrugs*...but I can't be 100% positive on that one. There is a book out on the whole story, but if you don't live in Nova Scotia or Canada then I'm sure it would be hard to find.
    posted 6 years ago
  • CarbonDating
    posted by CarbonDating

He has a dog? Wow I didn?t know that. Are you talking about the hound of Baskerville though? Every Hour at the Hospital this is one of my most favourite true stories form one of my best buds. Now this friend of mine has a big sister who was a training doctor at that time. A part of their class was being on duty on hospitals..you know for experience. One time they were destined to this very very old hospital that?s quite abandoned already. They had to spend nights there and they were given a room which was the former room of patients who had a disease (I forgot what disease, let?s just say cancer.) where they all eventually died. In other words, the room was haunted. The room is across the old nurse?s station which is empty already. The first night they were there in the room, they all (the group of docs) slep at 10:00 pm. There was a clock on the wall and the spooky thing there is?.they all woke up at 11:00 pm. This happened exactly every hour. They would wake up like someone woke them up all at the same time but no one was there but them. They just sleep until morning. For every hour, they would as usua be woken up for no reason. to be continued....
    posted 6 years ago
  • CarbonDating
    posted by CarbonDating

When morning came, they asked the old caretaker of the hospital particularly that floor why that thing happened to them?that they would wake up every hour like it?s the usual thing to do. The guy was shocked to hear their story. It came out that?that room where they slept at was the room of the incurable diseases people (they already knew that) and they were just across the nurse?s station because they (all of the patients) had to be attended to by the nurse exactly every hour to five them their proper medication until their death. It turned out that the ghost nurses were unconsciously waking the new people up because they had mistaken them as their old but dead patients already. After that, they never came back to that hospital again. O_O what do you think?
    posted 6 years ago
  • CarbonDating
    posted by CarbonDating

anyone? hey, submit more stories please. ^_^
    posted 6 years ago
  • CarbonDating
    posted by CarbonDating

yes it is. it's a real story from one of my best friends. ^_^

creeped me out when she told me while having our swimming classes. lol...there's really no connection with swimming.
    posted 6 years ago
  • SomeonestoleShell

I have heard a theory that not all hauntings are of active spirits.But they are in fact a scenario that has played out in the past and it has somehow imprinted itself.It just replays.This has been used mostly for traumatic events.EG When the ghosts of women are seen fleeing,as they were burnt at the stake as a witch.
    What are peoples thoughts on this?
    posted 6 years ago
  • SomeonestoleShell

Ok.The theory goes that if there has been something happen that is traumatic or devastating.Then the emotions will be imprinted onto that particular area and replays.EG:My favourite castle in the whole woeld is Glamis castle in Scotland.I was fortunate enough to visit a few years ago.They have heaps of different paranormal events,but two stick in my mind.The first is that the Earls wife was thought to be invovled in something untoward and an angry mob stormed the castle.She was apparently so terrified that when she ran into the private chapel and dropped to her knees to pray,they burst in and she jumped up and ran out.A lot of people have seen her"ghost" doing just that.The other is of a small slave boy who was assigned to the Earl and every night he would wait outside the Earls room to be told that he wasn't needed any longer and that he could go back to his quarters for the night.Only,one time in the middle of winter.The Earl fell asleep without telling the boy.The little boy waited and waited swinging his legs.As he apparently was known to do.But when the boy fell asleep,he froze to death.Visitors today have been known to see the boy and trip up as they try to step over his swinging legs.

So I guess it means that if an apparition is seen doing the same thing over and over again and not interacting with the people present.It may just be that it is a recording in a sense.

Is that clear as mud,or what?
    posted 6 years ago
  • CarbonDating
    posted by CarbonDating

wow that's interesting. O__O spooky, to be honest.

yeah, i've heard of someone saying this theory but it was never clear to me and about the emotions and stuff...that's really interesting.
    posted 6 years ago
  • SomeonestoleShell

I guess if an emotion is strong enough,like terror or sadness.Then it will imprint.But then how could feeling become a visual thing?Thats a whole can of worms there.
    posted 6 years ago