Books (Showing 1 - 25 of 208 comments)

• Missy2106
    posted by Missy2106

What is your favorite book of all time?

Name the one book that you love so much that you can never get sick of and read time and time again. Mine would be Memoirs of a Geisha, never put that book down when I read it. I find it's kind of magical to go back to that time to see what kind of life they lived and saw.
    posted 7 years ago
  • GummyQueen
    posted by GummyQueen

..... i like way too many books, i cant choose.
    posted 7 years ago
  • crazypunkqueen30

I have to but they are in a series so i think it counts. The first book in the series is called Twilight and the sequal is called New Moon. It is the coolest story EVER! so its about this chick who moves to a small rainy town and meets a vampire and they fall in love. but her vampire lover has to save her from a roage vampire who wants to kill her. it is AWESOME!!! i highly recomend it
    posted 7 years ago
  • surfpariah
    posted by surfpariah

An out of print book called, My Dear Enemy, by Jean Webster. Very quirky, odd and sweet. And I usually don't go for sweet, but this book has been a favorite of mine for years. Published at the turn of the century.
    posted 7 years ago
  • SPNkitkat
    posted by SPNkitkat

whos the author of the twilight/new moon series? it sounds good, mayb ill read them...

nyway, i got 2 fav series
    -Old kingdom trilogy (Sabriel, Lirael & Abhorsen) by garth nix
    -Inheritance trilogy (though the third one hasn't come out yet- eragon & eldest) by Christopher Paolini.
    cant w8 4 the third book!!!
    posted 7 years ago
  • livemetaldiemetal

The Great Gatsby
    posted 7 years ago
  • imperatrix
    posted by imperatrix

The Green Mile by Stephen King. Moving stuff I tell you. The only book where I've cried at the end!
    posted 7 years ago
  • yesianne
    posted by yesianne

Crime and Punishment from Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
    posted 7 years ago
  • twinklebell09
    posted by twinklebell09

is Memoirs of Geisha a good book? i wanna see the movie...but i dont no if i should read first or watch first...

anyway, i love the book "The Secret Life of Bees"...its so good...
    posted 7 years ago
  • AugustStarlight

The Never Ending Story by Michael Ende, which (sadly) actually does have an ending. It's miles better than the movies, and really bittersweet at the end - the way I like it.

Also high on my list are Peter and Wendy by James Barrie and The Princess Bride by William Goldman.

I'm a fantasy geek - what can I say?
    posted 7 years ago
  • SPNkitkat
    posted by SPNkitkat

i like fantasy books 2, though the books i like are sorta simular to the movies - the old kingdom trilogy is about dead that come back to life, and some people that have to defeat them, and eragon is about a dragon rider that fights evil people/things...
    posted 7 years ago
  • dabzilla
    posted by dabzilla

I like the Patricia Cornwell murder mystert books. and Jonathan Kellerman
    posted 7 years ago
  • OverandOverIFallForYou

Twilight By Stephenie Meyer.
    posted 7 years ago
  • mardijo
    posted by mardijo

I love the Princess Bride By William Goldman it is just amazing. i love the insight into the characters, i love everything about it!

i also love True Believer and First Sight by Nicholas Sparks, (he is just the most amazing romantic novelist most of his books make me cry lol)

Life Of Pi, it has so many levels

and The Chronicles of Narnia
    posted 7 years ago
  • mardijo
    posted by mardijo

oo i forgot The Other Boleyn Girl
    posted 7 years ago
  • TobyLinn
    posted by TobyLinn

I have a favorite series which i read over and over again...The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. These are the best books ever...

The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger
    The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three
    The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands
    The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass
    The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla
    The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah
    The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
    posted 7 years ago
  • cathleeni85
    posted by cathleeni85

I have read IT by Stephen King several times,Insomnia too. And the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. I have also read Anne McCaffrey's pern books several times. All good stuff!
    posted 7 years ago
  • ThisIsBareCody

WEE FREE MEN BEST FANTASY EVER
    posted 7 years ago
  • OverandOverIFallForYou

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, i LOVE it, im obsessed with Twilight. Also the sequal was good i cant wait until the third one Eclipse comes out.
    posted 7 years ago
  • lindsaywilkins81

mine would have to be, to kill a mockingbird (which I believe is almost a perfect novel), and The Amazing Adventures of Kaviler and Clay. And also Cross Stich, which is my toffee pop book. But I have a lot of other fav's as well, and would bore you if I contiuned.
    posted 7 years ago
  • MondoTrasho
    posted by MondoTrasho

Mrs.Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
    posted 7 years ago
  • greenblossom5126ancd

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", by Douglas Adams
    posted 7 years ago
  • elli17
    posted by elli17

I love so many books, but my favourite through thick and thin has been "Watership Down." I can't really explain why, except it has drama, action, a bit of the unknown, animals, and wonderful descriptions of countryside that make me feel as if I've been there.
    posted 7 years ago
  • xConverseQueenx

It's a tie between "A Certain Slant of Light" and the "Twilight" series^^
    posted 7 years ago
  • Gooner2081
    posted by Gooner2081

The Sicilian (Puzo)
    posted 7 years ago
  • sparkyprincess

There are so many books that I love...! But there are only 2 that I can remember reading more than twice. The Secret Garden; when I was young, I bought a paperback edition and I must have read that book 10 times! I still have it, and the spine is in pretty ragged shape! :)
    The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. It takes you to the times of King Arthur, and tells the story of the women behind the throne. (NOT one of those girl power books, really!) It's one of the biggest books I've ever owned, outside of my PDR or my medical, nursing, and allied health dictionary...but I don't think reference counts, anyway. I think I've read that 5 times or so.
    For all of you fantasy lovers, I highly recommend it!
    posted 7 years ago