Scary Forum (Showing 1 - 25 of 58 comments)

• LoveYouZach
    posted by LoveYouZach

The Scariest Movie in The World.

Who agrees that the Blair Witch Project is the scariest movie ever?
    posted 7 years ago
  • redroses16
    posted by redroses16

Ummm...not really.
    posted 7 years ago
  • Jessimovielover

I really have to agree...Seriously I thought this was an ironic input.
    posted 7 years ago
  • Thorninu
    posted by Thorninu

Hmmm...nope...but it's up there with my scariest movies of all time.
    posted 7 years ago
  • kays27
    posted by kays27

Only movie to effenciently scare me.
    posted 7 years ago
  • shazosaurus
    posted by shazosaurus

I'd have to say The Exorcist beats it for scariest film ever...but Blair Witch is still in my top five!
    posted 7 years ago
  • bryans81
    posted by bryans81

The Blair Witch is not the scariest movie, but the ending shits me up when the lad is facing the wall and the camera falls to the floor.
    For me the Scariest Movie has to be Stephen King's It only because its the only film that has scaried me.
    posted 7 years ago
  • ineedlockedup
    posted by ineedlockedup

The Excorcist, Hellraiser, From Beyond....

Theres a few, Blair Witch is nowhere near it.
    posted 7 years ago
  • freakyfriend2001

Not only is Blair Witch one of THE unscariest films of all time it is also one of the worst FILMS of all time. Period.
    posted 7 years ago
  • shortcartoonist
    posted by shortcartoonist (Moderator)

While it's been a long while since I've seen it, I would have to say that the "scariest" movie that I've ever seen would have to be 'Event Horizon'. It is a chilling and dark, very dark, psychological thriller with graphic horror. Can't get a better combination.
    posted 7 years ago
  • shazosaurus
    posted by shazosaurus

I love Event Horizon, and I think it worked for me because I wasn't expecting to be scared at a 'sci-fi' film so it took me by surprise.

Plus it has the watchable-as-ever Jason Isaacs in it! ;)
    posted 7 years ago
  • SquaL7
    posted by SquaL7

of course not
    posted 7 years ago
  • Sahara3
    posted by Sahara3

Actually I will have to agree with you, I love horror movies but none of them kept me on the edge of seat like this one did. Very freeky!
    posted 7 years ago
  • zombiebomb
    posted by zombiebomb

The Exorcist is the movie that scared me the most. Hands Down.
    posted 7 years ago
  • Jubei
    posted by Jubei

Didn't scare me at all, in fact I couldn't make it through the movie because all the shaky camera work. Maybe I will get around to watching it again, since so many think it is scary.
    posted 7 years ago
  • andy1976
    posted by andy1976

The blair witch project was a joke, come on how can this be scary, it was dull right threw.

For me its the The Exorcist, this movie gives me the creeps
    posted 7 years ago
  • talonz3
    posted by talonz3

When I first saw it I thought it was scary.
    posted 7 years ago
  • zombiebomb
    posted by zombiebomb

Hey I was 7 years old when I watched the Exorcist! It scared the beans outta me. LOL
    posted 7 years ago
  • kays27
    posted by kays27

"The Excorcist, [B]Hellraiser[/B], From Beyond...."

I am going to have to disagree old friend. Hellraiser was about as scary as pancakes.
    posted 7 years ago
  • flixsterspinklady

never watched it
    posted 7 years ago
  • ineedlockedup
    posted by ineedlockedup

pffft, Kay, it's the idea behind it which actually had me thinking, very veyr dark stuff, I find that a hell of alot scarier than alot of the piffle in horror today.
    posted 7 years ago
  • shazosaurus
    posted by shazosaurus

Quote "Yeah, the ideas behind older horror films are often better, but technological developments mean that newer ones are scarier"

I don't think technology adds anything to horror films...the scariest ones are still the ones where you have to use your imagination rather than just be shown some crappy CGI monster. Which is what makes a film like Blair Witch so scary imo.

Regarding The Exorcist, I wonder if the age that you first watch it impacts how scary you find it. Like Zombiebomb I first saw the film when I was really young, probably around the same age as the girl in the film, and I think the impact of seeing it at such a young age and also believing it could really happen (which I don't believe now btw) is what really disturbed me. Whereas when the film got it's cinema re-release a few years ago people who had never seen it before came with me to watch it and they thought it sucked.
    Would you agree Zombiebomb?
    posted 7 years ago
  • bradoner
    posted by bradoner

No... I'd say the Excorcist is the scariest
    posted 7 years ago
  • johnheather93
    posted by johnheather93

no. it isn't the scariest film i have seen. but it is quite high in my scary films list
    posted 7 years ago
  • photonmoo
    posted by photonmoo

Blair Witch is the biggest load of BS ever.
    posted 7 years ago
  • shazosaurus
    posted by shazosaurus

Okay, sorry lilangelhana, I misunderstood. It's because you were talking about technology making films better. I don't think tricks like using handheld cameras and shooting in outdoor locations can be put down to 'technological advances'.
    Blair Witch wasnt the first film to use these kind of techniques though...although I will admit it's by far the best so far, IMO.

Has anyone seen a film called The Collinswood Story? It's basically a rip-off of Blair Witch but it does have some atmospheric moments...I'd recommend giving it a go if you liked Blair Witch.
    posted 7 years ago