Flixster Help Discussion Forum (Showing 1 - 25 of 336 comments)

• Eugene
    posted by Eugene

Profile & Skins

Customizing your profile, using skins...
    posted 7 years ago
  • 1DawgFan
    posted by 1DawgFan

How do create a skin?????
    posted 7 years ago
  • bubblebaby444
    posted by bubblebaby444

How do i edit my profile
    posted 7 years ago
  • Horrorbuff
    posted by Horrorbuff

To get to Edit Profile, you go to your profile and below your avatar you will see "Edit Profile" click on that, and you're set :)
    posted 7 years ago
  • shoushudave
    posted by shoushudave

Im having problems seeing any thing on anyones profile im runing Windows XP(updated) and Firefox and its update as far as i know but i cant see a thing because its all white except Avatars and a few thing

Thanks for the help
    posted 7 years ago
  • Badgrrl88
    posted by Badgrrl88

How do I put up skins????
    I can't get them on my profile?
    posted 7 years ago
  • paddyjimnolan
    posted by paddyjimnolan

how do i go about changing my profile n skins thanx
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

how do i go about changing my profile n skins thanx You can edit your profile by going to the 'my profile' tab at the top, and then selecting 'edit profile' under your picture. To change your skin, select the 'change skin' button in the same area. Cheers!
    posted 7 years ago
  • holidaymell
    posted by holidaymell

Can u post info step by step on how to create a skin 4 us ignorant ppl
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

Can u post info step by step on how to create a skin 4 us ignorant ppl Well its actually alot easier than it seems. To make a skin, all that is really needed is any image editing program (even paint will do) and some very basic knowledge of hex color codes. First of all, make the different pictures you'd like for the different sections. The dimensions and requirements can be found here. Make sure you fit things to the right dimensions and filesize or they won't upload properly. After you've uploaded your images, you'll have to use hex color codes to determine the different font colors. Don't worry if you don't know it though, there are several guides that can be used to find the color you want, such as this one. Once you've got everything looking the way you want it, just upload your skin. Now if you want to get complicated there are some CSS tricks you can incorporate into your skins such as changing the font, highlighting links on mouse-over and some other ones, but those require some more advanced CSS skills. Anyways, that should get you started. If you're still confused, feel free to PM me.
    posted 7 years ago
  • NaomiL
    posted by NaomiL

What I want to know is how do you get rid of a skin and get your profile back to normal?
    posted 7 years ago
  • Imacutey
    posted by Imacutey

How can i delet the movies i chosin?
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

How can i delet the movies i rated? Go to the page for that movie, then just below the review box on the left side, click the 'clear rating' button.
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

Eugene has fixed the glitches with viewing profiles. It should all be working fine now.

Cheers.
    posted 7 years ago
  • slydog7269
    posted by slydog7269

how do u change the avatar pic on ur skin(profile)?
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

how do u change the avatar pic on ur skin(profile)? Go to your profile, then underneath your picture select 'edit profile'. The options to change your picture are in there.
    posted 7 years ago
  • groovygreenbanana

ummm...i sed i wanted 2 c sum films dat i rly actually dont...how do i delete them from my profile???
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

ummm...i sed i wanted 2 c sum films dat i rly actually dont...how do i delete them from my profile??? Go to the movie that you've rated and select, "clear rating" just below where you would write up your review.
    posted 7 years ago
  • bethanygordon
    posted by bethanygordon

i have a question about making skins....

ive only made 3 skins so far but...

the size of the big box background is 520x50, right...
    but how come on some skins there are pictures in this box that are over 50px?? can you make it bigger??

i might have missed something.....

thanks! :)
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

the size of the big box background is 520x50, right... but how come on some skins there are pictures in this box that are over 50px?? can you make it bigger?? Yes, you can make it bigger. However, the image will be cut off if the person using the skin doesn't have any comments/movie reviews/anything that extends the size of the big box. As long as you keep it within the filesize requirements, you can make the big box and profile box as large as you like.
    posted 7 years ago
  • Daryl26
    posted by Daryl26

There seems to be a problem with the Skin Upload Page..I cant upload, it keeps saying some of my files are to big...and their at the lowest file size possible.

Plus, after lowering the file size of one even further, it said it was still to big, and it included another file to.

I'm not the only one having this problem as it seems.
    posted 7 years ago
  • vcmerico
    posted by vcmerico

I am having trouble changing the pic for my profile. It will let me add a photo of my own, but I want to change it and when I click on the pick my fave actor .... it does nothing. What am I doing wrong??
    posted 7 years ago
  • rafiunnissa
    posted by rafiunnissa

Dear Friends......!

"HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU".

Gani...from Dubai,
    United Arab Emirates.
    rafiunnissa@hotmail.com
    posted 7 years ago
  • Daryl26
    posted by Daryl26

>_>" ...what?
    posted 7 years ago
  • bethanygordon
    posted by bethanygordon

"Now if you want to get complicated there are some CSS tricks you can incorporate into your skins such as changing the font, highlighting links on mouse-over and some other ones, but those require some more advanced CSS skills."

How can I get them?
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

How can I get them? ...learn CSS...
    posted 7 years ago