Flixster Help Discussion Forum (Showing 1 - 25 of 128 comments)

• Eugene
    posted by Eugene (Moderator)

Movie & Actor Lists

Creating and updating your favorite movie and actor lists.
    posted 7 years ago
  • netwerkpimp
    posted by netwerkpimp

How do we get Movies and Actors listed into the database? There are like mad actors like Kevin Nealey and short films like "The Hire" or TV shows available in boxsets like "Firefly" that aren't in the DB.
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

How do we get Movies and Actors listed into the database? There are like mad actors like Kevin Nealey and short films like "The Hire" or TV shows available in boxsets like "Firefly" that aren't in the DB. Movies that aren't in the database can be added by selecting the 'email us' link at the bottom of the page. Just make sure you clearly state the title of the movie, and link to a page with information (such as IMDB)
    posted 7 years ago
  • fredwiddowson
    posted by fredwiddowson

Can I make a Director List?
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

Can I make a Director List? Although it seems to be a popularly requested feature, at the present moment there is no director list options. If you feel compelled to do so however, you may request the feature in this thread.
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

i wanted to costomise all me actor films i did they 1 but they rest i cant do can u help ...can you rephrase that? I have no idea what you mean.
    posted 7 years ago
  • Lixbp
    posted by Lixbp

Cn neone tell me hw u cn upload a new actor profile?
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

Cn neone tell me hw u cn upload a new actor profile? Just email the missing actor to the flixster staff using the 'email us' link at the bottom of the page stating which actor/actress is missing along with a link to a page with information (such as an IMDB.com bio).
    posted 7 years ago
  • JilleE313
    posted by JilleE313

How many movies are you able to add? I had 110 on there, and clicked save. Sorted them, and saved again, and now there are only 23 movies showing. I have a lot of favorites! But just wondering if there is a limit.
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

How many movies are you able to add? I had 110 on there, and clicked save. Sorted them, and saved again, and now there are only 23 movies showing. I have a lot of favorites! But just wondering if there is a limit. There is no limit, but from what I know flixster has experienced a HUGE increase in traffic and its been having an effect on the servers, and that is probably causing the glitch in saving things. Hopefully the flixster servers will be upgraded soon and it will be fixed.
    posted 7 years ago
  • JilleE313
    posted by JilleE313

THanks BlueFalcon.

It's just really frustrating to have added all of those, and then they aren't there after you save them!

Also - Sometimes when I sign in, it says I rated 30 movies, and other times it says I rated 117 movies. I did rate the 117. Any clue why there's the discrepancy?
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

THanks BlueFalcon. It's just really frustrating to have added all of those, and then they aren't there after you save them! Also - Sometimes when I sign in, it says I rated 30 movies, and other times it says I rated 117 movies. I did rate the 117. Any clue why there's the discrepancy? Like I said, one of the servers is behind. Were these movies rated recently? If so, these won't show up when the lagging server loads your movie review but they will show up when the servers that are up to date load it. All I can suggest for now is that you try updating your lists one at a time until they all save properly. The flixster staff is working hard on a fix for now though, so hopefully it should be fully functional again soon.
    posted 7 years ago
  • JilleE313
    posted by JilleE313

I'm not sure how to quote you and get it in italics.

But thank you!
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

I always make quotes in italics to make sure people know what question I'm responding to. It can be done using html. Type (i) to make it start italics, and (/i) to make it stop, only replace the brackets with < and > (also known as tags). Make sure you remember to put in the /i at the end, otherwise everything after your post will be in italics too. Other things can be done as well suck as b for bold, strike for strikeout, and u for underline
    posted 7 years ago
  • someguywithapineapple

Or all 3 =D
    posted 7 years ago
  • scorpionsdelight2003

I have noticed that there are some movies you don't have on your data base. How do you go about adding them or at least submitting the title for you to know?
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

I have noticed that there are some movies you don't have on your data base. How do you go about adding them or at least submitting the title for you to know? Send and email to: movies@flixster.com and include the title of the missing movie, as well as a link to a page with information about it such as IMDB.com
    posted 7 years ago
  • flossy33
    posted by flossy33

Hi - I need to know how I can change the picture of my favourite actors. Any help would be much appreciated.
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

Hi - I need to know how I can change the picture of my favourite actors. Any help would be much appreciated. Youc an't. The highest rated picture for each actor/actress is automatically displayed on each profile as the selected picture.
    posted 7 years ago
  • flossy33
    posted by flossy33

Thanks Bluefalcon

I'll have to start voting on one of the pics for a fav actor of mine as the one they are using isnt that good. Thanks
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBlueFalcon
    posted by TheBlueFalcon

No problem : )
    posted 7 years ago
  • TheBogMan1031
    posted by TheBogMan1031

Is there any way to switch select which uploaded photo you would like displayed on your Fav actors page? Many of the default (last uploaded?) photos are pretty crummy.
    posted 7 years ago
  • SarahG1988
    posted by SarahG1988

That's the same with a lot of actors/actresses on this site. I agree, there should be just one for the actual name.
    posted 7 years ago
  • rickya12
    posted by rickya12

just wondering if there is any way to update an actors filmography? i have five jackie chan movies i know of that u don't have in there but i'm guessing there not even on the site too
    posted 7 years ago
  • Keaven
    posted by Keaven

You can report missing data from either the actors page, or the movies page.
    posted 7 years ago
  • Keaven
    posted by Keaven

They are email links though so if you do not use an email program like outlook or something it wont work.
    posted 7 years ago