Sci-Fi Forum (Showing 1 - 25 of 50 comments)

• roseofmalice
    posted by roseofmalice

Farscape Appreciation Thread

This is a thread for fans of Farscape. (I know it's a TV show, but a few TV shows are on the thread... so I guess all is good.)

Discussion Topic: Farscape.
    Spoilers allowed; you have been warned.
    posted 7 years ago
  • dv8ntnt
    posted by dv8ntnt

I didn't like this show until the sixth eps. or so.
    But, once it got going, it really turned into a compelling story line.
    posted 7 years ago
  • craissgirl
    posted by craissgirl

Hoping a few more scapers join this thread - as we're currently under-represented. Farscape was, by far, the best sci-fi show ever to grace the small screen. There wasn't a bad episode. And the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series was brilliant! We will never see it's like again...
    posted 7 years ago
  • elikapeka982003

I don't have cable or satellite, but recently a local station picked it up in syndication, and I LOVE it. I wish they'd show the episodes in order, though. My brother has the first season on video, so I've been watching those. This show is great, although, sometimes I don't like Rigel (mostly because he's a mean little guy. But, I love when they make fun of other shows with Criton's dialogue.
    posted 7 years ago
  • dv8ntnt
    posted by dv8ntnt

Well perhaps not the best but, it certanly ranks for origonality. I think the bigest draw back for most is that it tended to go a little over the top in regards to it's comedic aspects.

But, then that's why I liked it so much. It didn't take its' self too serious. The looney tunes episode was great!
    posted 7 years ago
  • FanGirl
    posted by FanGirl

Hello fellow Scapers good to see you. Farscape was such a great show, so original. Stupid Sci-Fi Channel, takin' our show away *shakes fists*

By the way, how come none of you have added Gigi Edgley (Chiana) to your favorite actor list? I'm currently the only one listed as a fan :(
    posted 7 years ago
  • dv8ntnt
    posted by dv8ntnt

I know she has done some singing work but I fear if I saw her as anything other than Chianna i'd...
    ...not sure what I'd do but, it won't be pretty.
    posted 7 years ago
  • FanGirl
    posted by FanGirl

Yeah I've never seen as anything else and not sure I could handle seeing her out of the makeup. I'm not saying I think she's ugly or anything I just like keeping her as Chianna. But I still consider myself a fan and would watch something with her in it if I could find it.
    posted 7 years ago
  • dv8ntnt
    posted by dv8ntnt

She's actually a bit attractive. Not as cute as Chianna but, as long as her voice is the same (don't ask).

She has her own web site Just google Gigi Edgley(spell?)
    posted 7 years ago
  • FanGirl
    posted by FanGirl

Yeah I've been to her site a couple of times.
    posted 7 years ago
  • ojalistic
    posted by ojalistic

Farscape was the very best T.V. program ever invented. I wish it was still going. From what I remember they left it open for a new series. Does anyone have any info about a possible new series?
    posted 7 years ago
  • dv8ntnt
    posted by dv8ntnt

Probably not given that it's two bigest co-stars are on Stargate now.
    posted 7 years ago
  • FanGirl
    posted by FanGirl

A really good resource for Farscape news (and anything even remotely connected to Farscape) is savefarscape.com It's also a good place to find out what other fans are up to and what they're doing to continue to support Farscape. If you've never been there before I highly recommend you check it out.

posted 7 years ago
  • imanything
    posted by imanything

watched every episode in oreder helps owning every series on DVD though. My partner hates it he can't stand sci fi so only got to do it once so far. Wondering whether that's enough, will have to take a couple of days off work and watch them again when he's not around.
    I'm pretty sure there'll be no more as I remember them announcing the last episode as the very last one when they showed it on sky.
    posted 7 years ago
  • craissgirl
    posted by craissgirl

I think, sadly, Farscape definitely is no more (although I did hear a rumour of an anime series but not sure if that's going ahead or if it would work). However - what a way to go out!?! I think the final mini-series was possibly the best thing I've ever seen on TV - EVER!
    posted 7 years ago
  • dv8ntnt
    posted by dv8ntnt

Still catching up with some of this series. Season 3's Into the Lions Den was, pardon the pun, killer. I thought how John's mistrust for Craise carried out to the bitter end. Only to find it mis-placed through a last act of heorism.
    posted 7 years ago
  • dv8ntnt
    posted by dv8ntnt

posted 7 years ago
  • heartofgoldandlead

A great show and a great cast. I was thrilled when the Peacekeeper Wars came out.
    posted 7 years ago
  • Jubei
    posted by Jubei

I miss Farscape. The "Taking the Stone" & "Crackers dont Matter" episodes were my favorite, hilarious.
    posted 7 years ago
  • drean
    posted by drean

What a series! Shame that Scifi nixed it. A truly original idea especially the living ship and all. Really was the "sex, guns, and rock-n-roll" of television. It was cool how the fans got together and created enough demand for "The Peacekeeper Wars". God I miss John!
    posted 7 years ago
  • Clemontine
    posted by Clemontine

Farscape is probably the most addictive show ever. I didnt watch it until a long time after it was canceled and the PK Wars had already been aired. But my sis owns the whole series and we are all big sci-fi fans in my family. I had never heard of it but it was sci-fi and she liked it, so I decided I should check it out. I couldnt stop watching it!! Its so amazing, I would stay up all night watching epi after epi because I just couldnt get enough and the characters are so amazing. I now own the whole series as well and the PK Wars on DVD. : D
    posted 7 years ago
  • elikapeka982003

I agree with you about the addiction thing. I'm saving up my money to buy all of them, but in the meantime, I'm watching them via the library (I LOVE libraries). I'm in the middle of season four right now, and even though I know what's gonna happen, thanks to various websites, and my inability to WAIT until I can get the next DVD from the library, I'm so very excited. I plan on watching the rest of season 4 this weekend (school, what?). And then Peacekeeper Wars (which I'm somewhat sad to see, b/c it's the end and all) next weekend. Man, I hate the waiting!
    posted 7 years ago
  • Clemontine
    posted by Clemontine

Well you are in for quite a ride because I think that the second half of season 4 and PK Wars is the best of all.
    posted 7 years ago
  • elikapeka982003

I have only 4 episodes to go, then I'll have seen all of Season 4, except, I don't want to watch them, because then I'll be done. But, I do want to watch them, because I LOVE this show. It's a problem I tell ya! A terrible problem that I have.
    Oh, and I loved Kansas and Terra Firma. Those episodes were great, except for the whole DK thing. That was crappy.
    posted 7 years ago
  • Clemontine
    posted by Clemontine

The "We're So Screwed" series is AMAZING!
    posted 7 years ago
  • croad25
    posted by croad25

Hey! I love farscape, its a shame its not on any more. Out of all the seasons my fav one is the peacekeeper wars movie, love it!
    posted 7 years ago