Listmania (Showing 1 - 19 of 19 comments)

• freakyfriend2001

Top 10 Movie Dissapointments

What is your all time movies that you thought were going to be good but were not? Here is mine: In order 10.From Hell (Just not my type of film. I didn't like it at all, thought I would but no) 9.Fun With Dick & Jane (Carrey lost his touch here. What happened to the standard that he had in Dumb & Dumber and Liar Liar?!) 8.Die Hard 2(It was good but no where near as good as I'd expected or hoped) 7.Shaft (A part from the cast the film was rubbish, it could have been something special) 6.The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse (I love the series, this was a disgrace to it) 5.Sidways (It was said to be amazing and it one loads of awards. It was attrocious) 4.xXx 2 (One of the biggest disgraces to an original film) 3.Monty Python's Meaning of Life (What a dissapointment! Doesn't deserve to bear the Monty Python name) 2.Apocalypse Now (One of THE most overated films ever) 1.The Godfather Part 2(One of, if not THE most overated film of all time)
    posted 7 years ago
  • Lerch0783
    posted by Lerch0783

It's hard to put them in order but I will try:

10.Hostel(A good movie but I was disappointed by it. I thought it would be scarier then this.)
    9. Scary Movie 2(I can see why the Wayans brothers stopped after this one.)
    8.War of the Worlds (I don't know what to say about this movie really other then that it was a huge let down for me. I expected more out of it.)
    7. The Blair Witch Project(All I heard from my friends was how scary this movie was. I had so many friends that were totally freaked out by this movie. To me this was the dumbest movie I have ever seen. It wasn't scary at all.)
    6. Anchorman(I don't know why I expected a lot out of this movie since I'm not a HUGE Will Ferrell fan but to me it wasn't even funny. The best scene was the little gang fight out in the alley.)
    5.Miami Vice (This was a good movie but it was still a let down. I thought Michael Mann would have done a better job with this one but it was still a let down to me.)
    4. Ali(This movie was a huge let down for me. I thought that a biopic of Muhammed Ali was a great idea but they ruined it.)
    3. 28 Days Later(All I have to say about this movie is that it sucked. I hated it. I thought I was going to like it.)
    2. The Village(They plaid this one off to be scary. The preview showed the most suspenseful scenes so I assumed it would be somewhat scary. I can't believe that I sat through this whole thing.)
    1.Alexander (I thought that with the cast that was put together for this movie it would be better then this.)
    posted 7 years ago
  • BabyCham
    posted by BabyCham

In order (I agree with three of the above..) 1.Alexander Beautiful cast but the way the movie was filmed (back and forth) let the whole thing down. 2.The Village This was just strange.. and the ending!! how disappointing. 3.Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Being a Tim Burton fan and liking the original movie I assumed I would like this more than I did. 4.The Blair Witch Project Overhyped, not as scary as everybody made out and I saw this in the cinema, so watching the handheld camera type filming on the big screen - all the spinning around - made me feel like throwing up lol! 5.Basic Another that I thought would be great because of the cast, but again the plot let the movie down. 6.Scary Movie 4 What can I say, the best bits were shown in the trailers for this one. 7.Freddy Got Fingered This is one of those films that friends told me to watch because it was 'hilarious'.. I think not! 8.Boogeyman One that was advertised a lot and billed as being scary but it wasn't and the story was rubbish. 9.Mulholland Drive I seen reviews of this and critics saying how excellent it was - but wtf? i just didn't get it! 10.Zoolander Another movie people want to tell me is 'hilarious' - not in my opinion.
    posted 7 years ago
  • Clemontine
    posted by Clemontine

1. [b]Revenge of the Sith [/b](I'm a HUGE SW fan, so I had quite the expectations for this. It takes a lot for me to not like something with the SW name on it.)
    2. [b]Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow [/b](had a cool style but turned out extremely boring and familiar)
    3. [b]Star Trek: Nemesis [/b](felt like an average episode)
    4. [b]War of the Worlds [/b](I liked it at first, but now I am not sure why. Its the kind of movie that gets old fast)
    5. [b]UltraViolet [/b](this movie tricked me into thinking it looked cool with the an action packed trailer--my weaknes--and Milla is in it, my fave actress. The reasons I was disappointed are obvious though, especailly if you've seen it.)
    6. [b]Timeline [/b] (my fave author, but a terrible butchering, as with most adaptations, and terrible casting)
    7. [b]League of Extraordinary Gentlemen [/b](another that looked like a cool idea but turned out quite boring)
    8. [b]The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe [/b](another cool trailer that turned out to be a boring movie.)
    9. [b]The 6th Day [/b](Arnold in sci-fi? I figured it must be good, but its pretty stupid)
    10. [b]The Day After Tomorrow [/b](another action-packed trailer that turned out boring.)
    posted 7 years ago
  • webalina
    posted by webalina

Biggest disappointment has to be Reign of Fire. I looked forward to this for months, only to be horribly let down. The idea of dragons taking over the world was great and the CGI dragons themselves were amazing, but there was so much else wrong. They seem to have spent all the money on CGI and had nothing else left for a decent screenplay.

What I disliked the most (besides Matthew McConnaghey as a Rambo wannabe) was the 20 year gap between the discovery of the dragons and the main story. I wanted to learn about the dragons with the characters, but the film picks up when they've already learned most of it and are just defending themselves.

I have actually keep watching this (3 times now) hoping that it somehow got better over time.
    posted 7 years ago
  • imperatrix
    posted by imperatrix

1. American Beauty: I can see why people should love this film, but I personally thought it was incredibly overrated. One of the most random films I have ever seen. 2. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: I'd read lots of reviews about this film and had high expectations, but this film bored me silly, despite all the excellent special effects. I guess I just don't get what's so good about flying about with swords. 3. Brokeback Mountain: Having won several Oscars, I thought this film had more than just gay cowboys, but I was completely wrong. It was definitely 2 of the most painful hours I've had to endure, I don't want to see it ever again. 4. Donnie Darko: Even though I've discovered what the story's about, its still a load of nonsense to me. I probably have to see it more times to fully appreciate it. 5. Interview with the Vampire: People love the vampire theme far too much, the story wasn't amazing by any stretch of imagination, so I'm guessing vampire-fans are the ones giving this film all the hype.
    posted 7 years ago
  • swimprincess1234

harry potter and the order of the phonix
    posted 7 years ago
  • cigaretteburns

The Devil's Rejects
    posted 6 years ago
  • LorenzoVonMatterhorn

Bridge to Terabithia. I actually thought that it was good since WETA handled the visual effects on this one. I had high hopes and then I find out that those two kids are a couple of retards imagining things.

Sideways . It had many awards so you know, I had to see how great it is..Its not that great actually. When the movie ended, I felt empty and I was like "That's it?"What made this movie award-winning?

Pirates 3: At World's End. It wasn't that bad actually. I just expected more out of the film.

I can name more but it wouldn't fit here.
    posted 6 years ago
  • Ivebeensaved8910

1) Pirates 3
    2) Pirates 2
    3)Batman and Robin
    4) Spider Man 3 (rocked but was still so so)
    5) Simpsons Movie (also rocked but still)
    6) Spy Kids 3
    7) Finding Nemo (HIGHLY overrated)
    8) King Kong
    9) Madagascar
    10) Evan Almighty
    posted 6 years ago
  • lostty
    posted by lostty

10.Millenium Actress
    9. X-Men 3
    8. Battle Royale 2
    7. Moulin Rouge
    6. The Black Dahlia
    5. The Matrix
    4. The Brother's Grimm
    3. Memoirs of a Geisha
    2. Dear Frankie
    1. The Aviator
    posted 6 years ago
  • urfavoritegirl

The break up (CRappy)
    The Village ( Mess)
    Spiderman 3 (lost for Words)
    Boogeyman ( the worst scary movie ever)
    The bridge to tarabithia (Scam)
    You, me and Dupree (garbage0
    Superman Returns ( Stupid)
    Hulk (disapoinment)
    zodiac (stinks)
    Fun with dick and Jane (Basura)
    posted 6 years ago
  • ghostrider619
    posted by ghostrider619

Here are the only ones i can think of:

The Matrix Revolutions(Worst ending ever;what happened to Morpheus?!)

V for Vendetta(needs more fighting, less talking)

Click(not as funny as i hoped)

Mr Bean's holiday(just stupid, not funny)

Hollywood Homicide(just all around terrible)

xXx:State Of The Union(Where the hell is Vin Diesel!? Without him , xXx would suck!)

Star Wars Episode 2(too much drama & romance, not enough lightsabers & Yoda)

Scary Movie 1 & 4(the 1st one was just disgusting while 4 should have stopped at 3)
    posted 6 years ago
  • Misspopcorn
    posted by Misspopcorn

10,Iron Man

9, The Village

8, Hills Have Eyes 2

7, Death Race

6,Munich (I loved it, great story, but it could have ended a lot sooner, just a very long film, and it got dull at lots of scenes.)

5, Stephan King: It (The clowns real form was some bug? WTF?)

4,Inside Man

3, Truman Show

2, The Dark Knight

1, Super Bad
    posted 5 years ago
  • PedigreeChum
    posted by PedigreeChum

Iron Man and the Dark Knight were both awesome.
    posted 5 years ago
  • Misspopcorn
    posted by Misspopcorn

They both disappointed me, I expected much more out of those two.
    posted 5 years ago
  • os99
    posted by os99

There are many disappointments, but i wouldn't say The Dark Knight is one of them.

The Dark Knight is more...overrated. The film is o.k. but the reaction is baffling. From critics giving it five stars to people naming it the 'Best Film of the Year', obviously people need to see more films.

For a film that has problems, i feel like a lone castaway, and that's just...depressing
    posted 5 years ago
  • Misspopcorn
    posted by Misspopcorn

No no, I didn't say I don't like it. I mean I just thought it was more disappointing then impressive. It was very hyped and for it, I went to see it with very high hopes it would be pleasing.

I wasn't. The long dull story wasn't what I expected, and the annoyance of the Joker(Ledger) really got to me.
    posted 5 years ago
  • os99
    posted by os99

oh, ok

I didn't think the Joker was annoying
    posted 5 years ago
  • rthornhill
    posted by rthornhill

a few i can remember....

barry lyndon
    l'eclisse
    the conformist