General Movie Talk (Showing 1 - 25 of 58 comments)

• sshanay
    posted by sshanay

the ultimate stoner movies

have run out of options. need some advise on some really trippy movies. my favourite one is fear and loathing in las vegas
    posted 8 years ago
  • breidsplace
    posted by breidsplace

dazed and confused or any early kevin smith movie
    posted 8 years ago
  • shortcartoonist
    posted by shortcartoonist (Moderator)

Yeah, gotta love Kevin Smith.Mallrats , Chasing Amy, Clerks, great films.
    posted 8 years ago
  • prettypoisonpills

kevin smiths movies are funny, but if you want a trippy movie i suggest watching Pink Floyd's The Wall....bum fights is another funny movie...ahhhh there's nothign like seeing homeless people beat eachother up lol
    posted 8 years ago
  • Gooner2081
    posted by Gooner2081

Half Baked
    posted 8 years ago
  • Seikan
    posted by Seikan

2001: A Space Odyssey
    Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas
    Requiem For A Dream
    Sunshine (I mean, stoners will be ecstatic when the same actor shows up in three roles...)
    The Shining
    A Clockwork Orange
    Dr. Strangelove (for much the same reason as Sunshine)
    posted 8 years ago
  • Gooner2081
    posted by Gooner2081

A Clockwork Orange and Requiem For a Dream are more like anti-stoner movies. Have you ever smoked a joint? Stoner movies are slightly funny and the good ones are about having fun while being high. I smoked in college and the year following and those two movies were huge buzz-kills.

How High
    Basketball
    Half Baked
    Austin Powers
    Kevin Smith collection
    Don't forget subtitled kung-fu movies
    posted 8 years ago
  • Seikan
    posted by Seikan

I generally find all of Kubrick's films to probably be appreciated more when high. His use of often nonsensical imagery and the like seems to heighten what I already think of the movies.

Besides,A Clockwork Orange is actually pretty funny a lot of the time.
    posted 8 years ago
  • Gooner2081
    posted by Gooner2081

This kids in Clockwork were big-time pieces of shit maybe that's why I hated it so much..
    Requiem: People on drugs getting f*cked up in every way isn't fun to watch while stoned in my opinion.
    posted 8 years ago
  • Seikan
    posted by Seikan

Ah! But watching Requiem For A Dream has a sense of irony that is capable of being absolutely hilarious when high.
    posted 8 years ago
  • joeyivan
    posted by joeyivan

plan 9 from outer space without a doubt. i've never EVER laughed so hard as when i watched this stoned.
    posted 8 years ago
  • blueangel1355
    posted by blueangel1355

train spotting, fear and loathing, jay and silent bob strike back, for movies
    and for shows.....invaders zim,happy tree friends
    posted 8 years ago
  • Gooner2081
    posted by Gooner2081

Seikan how can you pick up on irony if you're high?! You can actually think after a joint? I used to smoke because I didn't want to think about anything for the night. School can do that to a person
    posted 8 years ago
  • Seikan
    posted by Seikan

If you can't pick up on irony, then that would cancel out any negative vibes picked up while high.

Which contradicts your earlier statement on the film. =)
    posted 8 years ago
  • FRAMEofMIND
    posted by FRAMEofMIND

Stoner Movies...

All of the "Cheech and Chong" movies (up in smoke is my favorite) "Half Baked" (3 stoners venture into the world) "Pink Floyd the wall" (GREAT MOVIE) also, if you aprritiate the grateful dead, "The Grateful Dead Movie" is very trippy...
    posted 8 years ago
  • blueangel1355
    posted by blueangel1355

any pauly shore movie
    posted 8 years ago
  • Gooner2081
    posted by Gooner2081

Seikan:

That's not contradictory if I wasn't a junkie or a violent *sshole. When I used to smoke there was nothing to movies other than funny and not funny. that's it.
    Requiem and Clockwork were so not funny it killed the buzz.
    Maybe we react differently to weed... Hmm, you're making me want a joint, haven't had one of those bad boys in a long while
    posted 8 years ago
  • Seikan
    posted by Seikan

That's you. I just react to the images. =P
    posted 8 years ago
  • alecsaunders
    posted by alecsaunders

I think you oughta try any of the Terry Gilliam movies -- Time Bandits, Brazil... or there was a bizarre movie called Bliss that I saw years ago that might be good. The scene where the cheating wife's skirt starts raining fish in the restaurant...

No information on it in Flixster, but here's the IMDB reference: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088821/
    posted 8 years ago
  • studysuzy
    posted by studysuzy

Cheech and chong movies hahahha for sure haha!
    UP IN SMOKE..CLASSIC ...

The Wall, Pink Floyd is a classic too whoever said that... ;)

Sxxx
    posted 8 years ago
  • Wolfsbane
    posted by Wolfsbane

I hear 'Alice in Wonderland', 'Donnie Darko' and 'Spirited Away' are good to watch.
    posted 8 years ago
  • Gooner2081
    posted by Gooner2081

Fantasia is just a myth, it's always crappy
    posted 8 years ago
  • breidsplace
    posted by breidsplace

ok here is a classic .... The original HEAVY METAL
    posted 8 years ago
  • canadiens87
    posted by canadiens87

I watch "The Matrix' and try to time it with the red pill
    posted 8 years ago
  • Murdy
    posted by Murdy

TRON, THE DARK CRYSTAL, BASEKETBALL, SIN CITY, THE IRON GIANT, SHAOLIN SOCCER, TEAM AMERICA, FLASH GORDON, TIME BANDITS, NIGHT WATCH, EQUILIBRIUM, TREMORS. (These are to watch while you are stoned).
    posted 8 years ago
  • Drewbacca
    posted by Drewbacca

In no particular order... Big Lebowski Half-Baked Fantasia 2000 Blow Airplane! Airplane! II: The Sequel Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (yes, the original) Titan A.E. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back Detroit Rock City Song Remains the Same Very Bad Things City of Lost Children Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me Alien: Ressurrection Woodstock Anything with Chevy Chase Natural Born Killers Donnie Darko The Wall maybe Evolution? Best in Show That should last you for a few weekends. ~ Drewbacca MoviePatron.com
    posted 8 years ago