close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

Best 1974 Movies

• The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3

The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (R, 2009)

Denzel Washington, John Travolta, James Gandolfini, John Turturro, Luis Guzman
    The ordinary day of New York City subway dispatcher Walter Garber is thrown into chaos by an audacio... read moreus crime: the hijacking of a subway train. Ryder, the criminal mastermind who leads the highly-armed gang of four hijackers, threatens to execute the train's passengers, unless a large ransom is paid within one hour. As the tension mounts beneath his feet, Garber employs his vast knowledge of the subway system in a battle to outwit Ryder and save the hostages. But, there's one riddle Garber can't solve: even if the thieves get the money, how can they possibly escape?
    • spitfiremk51
      spitfiremk51: Modern remake of the 1974 movie of the same name, which I haven't yet seen. I swear this movie has the most overused plo
      Reviewed 4 months days ago
    • fb1081472976
      fb1081472976: The late Tony Scott's seemingly pointless remake of the 1974 thriller. To say the editing style here was subtle would be like saying Man On Fire could have
      Reviewed 21 months days ago
    • fb100001769378920
      fb100001769378920: an exciting action thriller, and actually, dare I say, slightly better than the iconic original of 1974. This mainly came down to the unrivalled acting from Washington, who helped to give it a unique
      Reviewed 3 years days ago