Best 1969 Movies

• True Grit

True Grit (PG-13, 2010)

Jeff Bridges, Josh Brolin, Matt Damon, Hailee Steinfeld, Barry Pepper
    Fourteen-year-old Mattie Ross (Hailee Steinfeld) joins an aging U.S. marshal (Jeff Bridges) and anot... read moreher lawman (Matt Damon) in tracking her father's killer into hostile Indian territory in Joel and Ethan Coen's adaptation of Charles Portis' original novel. Sticking more closely to the source material than the 1969 feature adaptation starring Western icon John Wayne, the Coens' True Grit tells the story from the young girl's perspective, and re-teams the celebrated filmmaking duo with their No Country for Old Men producing partner Scott Rudin. Josh Brolin and Barry Pepper co-star. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
    • fb739268924
      fb739268924: Superb Coen brothers remake of the 1969 John Wayne movie. The original wasn't bad - I rated it 7/10 - but it was a typical John Wayne
      Reviewed 40 days days ago
    • ElCochran90
      ElCochran90: . Once again, I blame the written adaptation more than the cast. Characters were round in the 1969 version, not here. They are monotonous.
      - The ending, unlike the classic, is more realistic, dr
      Reviewed 8 months days ago
    • hbfr72
      hbfr72: . Really good plot, it's the same plot of the movie that they maked a remake of, True Grit (1969). The plot was really enjoyable and it entertained me... a lot, really a lot.

Soundtrack, well
      Reviewed 15 months days ago